The safety of our artists, fans, and staff is always our top priority and planned for accordingly. We encourage those who are sick to stay home and remind everyone coming to our venues to wash their hands regularly with soap and water and use hand sanitizer.
We continue to implement preventive measures at The Van Buren in line with the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other health agencies. We have taken the following steps to help ensure the health and safety of everyone who walks into our buildings:
- Extra hand sanitizer dispensers at all bathroom areas, concessions stands, lobbies, offices and backstage
- Implementing limited “touch” policies for handling tickets
- Sanitizing wipe-downs of counters during the course of service in our concession and bar areas
- Additional signage and messaging in restrooms, backstage and offices to help reinforce basic health and hygiene practices
- Granting fans ability to bring disposable wipes and hand sanitizers into all venues
- Janitorial staff equipped with additional USDA and Food Code Compliant disinfectants and wipes for immediate cleaning response
- Increased frequency of cleaning routines and disinfection of high touch areas
Currently, events at The Van Buren are proceeding as planned. We continue to work with individual touring artists, and to monitor the situation. For updates and information about COVID-19, please visit the CDC’s website. We recognize this is a very fluid situation and will work to update our ticket purchasers with new information as it becomes available to us.